Training with GCC Biotech
GCC BIOTECH SERVICE & TRAINING PROGRAMMES
We offer a number of different training and software courses as well as hands-on workshops for biotechnology application spanning the needs of both beginners and experienced scientists. These "hands-on" training courses and workshops involve performing actual experiments on biotechnology based instruments with real biological samples followed by data analysis using relevant software. The program aims to provide training of international standards that will prepare the students to compete in a global biotech industry and prepare them for the vast career possibilities in the life sciences field. GCC Biotech is committed to providing high quality training for developing industry-savvy employees of biotechnology, pharmaceutical, drug discovery and development, molecular diagnostics and value-added agricultural companies. Workforce development is a key to long term economic development of these business sectors. We accomplish this with activities/programs that spark student interests and imagination, provide educational tools for teachers, and generate support by the general public.
For details visit our website www.gccbiotech.com
We provide standardized training courses, our expertise lies in developing custom training for businesses based on their individual needs, schedules, and specific applications. GCC Biotech is committed to providing technical assistance to start-up and emerging companies in the biotechnology and value-added agricultural business sectors.
Specialized Training For Scientists & aspiring biotechnologists
Our customized training programs are effectively aligned with a carefully prepared needs assessment to ensure anticipated outcomes and results are successfully achieved.
- ● We offer specialized training modules for the scientists and research scholars to make them aware of new products and new methodologies.
- ● While launching new products, we welcome the desired scientists to participate in our programme held in our own auditorium. For outstation as well as local participants, we arrange free fooding and lodging facilities
- ● We have established customer care service always ready to help the customers to be well equipped with knowledge of biotech tools & techniques being developed all over the world.
HANDS ON PRACTICAL TRAINING ON BASIC MOLECULAR BIOLOGY & HIGH-THROUGHPUT SEQUENCING & ANALYSIS
Unique Features of the Workshop and training
- Industry people and scientists provide the industry and teaching experience.
- Extensive personal support throughout the training procedure
- No overcrowded group experiments
Training course contents
The following is a list of training modules. Click on down arrow hyperlink to read more about the training course contents. Please find the course details in pdf format for you to download. Just click on the above hyperlink.
B.Tech/M.Sc/M.Tech/M.V.Sc in Biotechnology, Molecular & Human Genetics, Molecular Biology & Biotechnology, Neuro‐Science, Biochemical Engineering & Biotechnology, Bio‐process Technology, General/Agricultural/Industrial/Marine/Medical/Pharmaceutical/Environmental/Plant/Food/Animal Biotechnology from an Indian recognized university with minimum 60% marks or equivalent grade completed in the year 2011 or 2012 are only eligible to apply.
- The applications would be accepted through mail only by filling the application form.
- The form has to be filled by its requisite positions. The last date for submission of application and documents is July 31st, 2012.
- Applications received after the last date will not be entertained for this session.
- Selected candidates will inform by mail and telephone only.
- Selected candidates have to pay Rs. 50,000/- as program fee (includes registration fee, training materials, tea/coffee)
- Applicant who have already got placement by other companies or are employed will not be eligible.
- All payments are to be made by demand draft (DD) drawn for GCC BIOTECH (INDIA) PVT. LTD.
- It is mandatory to fill all fields. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Send your complete application form to training. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Before applying Online, the candidates must possess the following:
- Scanned passport (pp) size photograph in JPEG format
- Scanned Signature in JPEG format
- Candidates selected for training will have to make their own arrangements for lodging & boarding. The company will not provide boarding/lodging facility on chargeable basis or help in finding accommodation.
- Candidates will be required to follow the rules and regulation of the trainer company. If the trainee leaves the training in between or is terminated, certificate would not be issued after the training period.
Those applicants who have been most successful in the application process have consistently earned strong grades in academically rigorous high schools and universities, bio-data, resume assessed through recommendations or references included in the application.
minimum 5 (five) for each session
- 2 months full time training schedule for 5 days in a week,
- Theory and hands on training for each individual candidates,
- open session of discussions on troubleshooting and problems
To acknowledge the achievement of the candidates, a certificate shall be issued after the completion of the training procedure.
Rs. 50,000/- as program fee (includes registration fee, training materials, tea/coffee) and payments are to be made by demand draft (DD) drawn for GCC BIOTECH (INDIA) PVT. LTD.
The program consists of various modules in addition to specialized and customized courses which cover General Biotechnology, Microbiology, Molecular Biology and Genomic studies, Immunotechnology, Proteomics and Bioinformatics programs. Additionally the training covers soft skill development program which orients the trainees to the needs of the Biotech industry and makes them more relevant and acceptable for placement so that they can make an application of the products they are already acquainted with. We offer courses on PCR, RT-PCR, Real-Time PCR, microarray analysis, etc. The course curriculum is encouraged by other global centers of excellence with a high hope to nurture our diverse intellectual pool.
Isolation of Genomic DNA
↓Taq DNA polymerase, random primers, dNTPS, buffer
Keep the tube in PCR thermocycler
↓Denature DNA (94°c for 1 mins)
DNA strand separated
↓Annealing of primer (36-37°c for 1 mins)
Primer annealed to the template DNA strands
↓ DNA synthesis (72°c for 2 mins)
Complementary strand synthesis
↓ 35 to 45 cycles
Amplified product separated by gel electrophorasis
This lecture series and laboratory practices are designed to provide the participants an introduction to modern DNA technology. An approach emphasizing both principles and methodology provides the student with the essential fundamentals needed for biotech tools, like DNA and RNA isolation etc and for an appreciation of the strategies of recombinant DNA technology in addition to basic lab skills. The learning programme will cover all aspects of Biotechnology including understanding of principles, experimentation, lab safety, glassware, use of pipettors, scales, making of buffers, bioinformatics, project management, IPR issues, in Biotechnology etc.
From its conception in 1983 to its modern day use in a myriad of clinical and research applications, the Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) has revolutionized modern molecular biology. This lecture and laboratory course will focus on the Polymerase Chain Reaction and its applications in basic molecular biology research, genetics, molecular pathology, including cancer and genetic diseases and identification of viral, bacterial and other pathogens.The module therefore provides basic PCR training.
RT-PCR has revolutionized the detection and analysis of nucleic acids. However, one of the major limitations of Conventional PCR has been the inability to accurately quantitate the amount of product, which reflects the amount of starting material, due to differing plateau effects among multiple samples. The need to accurately determine quantitative changes in gene expression has led to the adoption of real-time RT-PCR as the method of choice not only for quantitative gene expression but also for validating results obtained from array analyses and other techniques that evaluate gene expression changes on a global scale. This lecture/laboratory course is intended for those who have a fundamental background in PCR and will address the basic chemistries of real time PCR and the many platforms available. The module therefore offers hands-on training for DNA quantitation using Real-Time PCR.
Global transcription patterns as well as nucleotide polymorphisms can now be readily evaluated using DNA microarrays. This functional genomics technology offers a powerful, non biased approach to the analysis of molecular mechanisms associated with any type of physiological change in a cell. Moreover, DNA microarrays have become a prominent technological tool for genotype characterization. This lecture and laboratory course will show how DNA microarrays can be used for different applications in the biomedical sciences and will introduce hands-on training to a complex yet exciting technology.
This lecture and laboratory course will focus on two important technologies which share strong interfaces with basic molecular biology research, genetics, molecular pathology (including cancer and genetic diseases), and polymerase chain reaction and molecular hybridization technology. In response to the growing demand to learn how to extract maximum information from the tremendous amount of data generated in a microarray experiment Beginning with a hybridized array, this course will spend extensive time on optimizing the scanning process and acquiring an informative scan. This data will then be analyzed using GeneSpring software to generate clustering associations. Finally, using microarray and protein interaction data, pathways defining gene interactions will be assessed using Pathway Assist software.
This lecture and laboratory course is structured to provide life scientists who are not experienced in cell culture with an introduction to principles and practices that will facilitate their ability to develop the use of in vitro systems. The course is predicated on the application of the most rigorous principles of quality control.
Eligibility: Any B.Sc/ M.Sc (Life Science) Student OR any aspiring biotechnologist can take these courses.